Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Isaac Continued

I realize that technically its been a week since I wrote the previous post and so much has happened since. This post is going to give you a better idea of where I am now.

This past Monday night (the 22nd) I had a massive meltdown and broke with much more force than the previous week. Satan knew all the buttons to push and how to craft the lies the I would buy into. He knew that I was already struggling with my identity and worth; that I was already discouraged in my walk with the Lord. He hit me when I was at my weakest. The part that I hate the most is that I listened and believed them.. I hate that he spoke them to me. But the joy in this breakdown is that it has only brought me closer to my beautiful, strong Savior! Truth that He has been speaking to me is finally reaching my heart. I'm learning to be vulnerable and lean on my brothers and sisters. He's breaking my pride and making me humble. It hurts, but it's wonderful.

The past 48 hours have been crazy emotional, but so good. So needed. Such a preparation for Montana this summer. I've been clinging to Psalm 71, Romans 8, and 1 Peter. Here are a few of the verses that have stuck out to me:

"Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come; you have given the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of the unjust and cruel man. For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth. Upon you I have leaned from before my birth; you are he who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of you."
-Psalm 71:3-6

"O God, be not far from me; O my God, make haste to help me! May my accusers be put to shame and consumed; with scorn and disgrace may they be covered who seek my hurt. But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past their knowledge."
-Psalm 71:12-15

''For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined, he also called, and those whom he called, he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."
-Romans 8:29-30

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For i am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, not anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
-Romans 8:37-39

"He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."
-1 Peter 2:24-25

"Do not let your adorning be external--the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing--but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."
-1 Peter 3: 3-4

"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinda of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen."
-1 Peter 5:8-11


I know it's a lot, but really, they are only snipits. If you're at all curious with what the rest says.. go read them! Maybe God is trying to show you something. : )

Thank you for your prayers. The past 48 hours I've felt them and they have helped strengthen me. Please continue to be in prayer for all things. Satan is a liar and he is good at it. Prayer is our weapon against him.

Thank you for enduring another post! Y'all are awesome. : )

1 comment: