Thursday, June 17, 2010

Christmas in June?

The current weather situation reminds me of Texas Christmas--wet and 50 degrees. (Although this past year we had a white Christmas in Dallas.. weird Texas, how I love you.) Yesterday I walked outside and it smelled like December.. I thought it was lovely. Hah, : ).

Oh, and today I'm wearing a scarf! I'm excited.

The Bible study/discipleship class with youth girls at OC went wonderful yesterday! I was pretty nervous that they wouldn't speak up when I asked questions or with their own thoughts. But they did! It wasn't too difficult to keep them on track but the rabbit trails we took were good ones and God definitely used them for His glory. They asked some tough questions and it's encouraging that they're seeking to know more about God, who He is and how He works.

After the worship service Sacha came up to me and told me how much some of the girls absolutely loved the Bible study. Oh my goodness.. what an encouragement! Come to find out, there was a girl, Brittany, in there who doesn't know the Lord, but wants to keep coming back to the Bible study and the worship service as well! Oh, praise Jesus!

Yesterday was full of encouragement and it was the first time I felt like OC was home.

Thank you for your continuous prayers! The Spirit is moving in incredible ways and I can't wait to tell you of the next thing I see Him do.

This Saturday Courtney and I are going rafting with Joy. I already love this girl! Last night I ate dinner with her and she was such an encouragement to me. Pray that our friendship with her will deepen this weekend and we would have opportunities to get to know the other people in our raft.

Pray for Brittany that she would continue to come to the Bible study and worship service. Pray for her soul as well.


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
-Romans 15:13

The Falls at Holland Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment