Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Beginning...

As you may know, last summer I was able to spend a week in Guatemala drilling a water well through GoNow Missions and with Living Water International. I can honestly say that it was the best week of my life. The beautiful Guatemalans and my loving teammates have taught me so much. That is an entirely different story that I would love to share with you, but this blog isn't focused on Guatemala.

Our Father has continued to stir my heart for the nations to know His son and our King. He has called me to serve in Frenchtown, Montana this summer. For 10 weeks I'll be working alongside three other Aggies at an Outdoorsman church. Other than that, I don't know what we'll be doing.

I just finished my GoNow Application which is due tomorrow. The next thing on the "Montana 2010" list is Discovery Weekend (February 12-14). I am super stoked about this! Discovery Weekend is the interview weekend for everyone applying for a GoNow position. Appointments haven't been made yet, we're all getting a feel for one another and trying to hear God's will for our summer all at the same time. By being on the Aggie Montana Team we will all be in the same host home and be able to start growing together right away. I know two of my teammates already, but I'm just so excited for all of us to be in the same place at the same time.

Now I feel like I need to catch y'all up on what has happened in the past 8 months. Late May 2009 I received a letter from the Civil Engineering department at A&M telling me that I would no longer be able to continue my time at A&M in the CE department. Devastation isn't a strong enough word to describe what I felt. All that I knew, my current and future worlds, exploded into shrapnel. I just got through a year of hell pertaining to school and this was the icing on the cake. I spent my summer completely not knowing what was coming around the corner. Nothing was stable except my faith that Jesus was always with me and that He would show me where to go when I needed it. And even that at times wavered. Looking back, I'm grateful for my blindness--I was able to focus on my job and being a light to my co-workers and customers.

August 2009 came and I still didn't have classes or a new major. My plan was to study Hispanic Studies, finally become fluent in Spanish, and then spend the rest of my life in Central & South America being a missionary. It's funny how our plan is always too small. As God directed my path, He walked with me into Francis Hall, the home of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Sciences (RPTS). He was with me as I talked with the man who would approve me. He waited with me over the next two weeks before I could finally register for classes. Overall.. He rejoiced with me. He is always my constant, my foundation. He is always with me.

Fall 2009 had many ups and downs. It was a test to see if I could make it at A&M in RPTS. It was a test to my faith if whether or not I would turn away from God because life was hard. Throughout it all.. I knew, deep in my heart, that God always had a plan.

And this is what brings me here. Sharing with you about good the God I serve is. He has given me exactly what I need when I need it. I know what I want, but He knows what I need.

"The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail."
-Isaiah 58:11

1 comment:

  1. You're doing amazing things and I know no matter what you end up doing it will be heartfelt and meaningful for everyone around you. I miss you so much and hope that this new chapter for you is better than all those before.

    ReplyDelete