Sunday, February 14, 2010

Discoveries

The Montana 2010 Team has finally met! Whoop!! This past Saturday (at Discovery Weekend), Courtney, Daniel, Caleb and I were able to spend a few hours together with Joel, our beloved BSM director, talking about our personalities, how we relate to people, and about this summer. Right from the beginning I could tell that we will work so well together. Now, I am certain that God has huge plans for this summer! Gah, I can't wait! We haven't heard from our supervisors yet, but hopefully we will soon. When I know more, you will know more. : )

Focusing on the Lord and listening to His will has been difficult lately. 4.5 weeks into the semester and my typical worry is beinging to set in. I am in the midst of my first round of tests and simply that can throw me off course. This and along with other things, keeping my mind focused on Father's will and His kingdom has been an ever increasing challenge. Thankfully, I am surrounded but some great sisters and brothers who point me toward God's Word.

Monday, I shared with a dear friend, Heather, what has been going on. Immediately she pointed me to Philippians 4. It's been so good to hold onto Truth the past few days. The verses that have clung to me are 4-7: "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." There is so much to unpack in these few verses, but this is exactly what I have been needing to hold onto. Now, let me tell you something.. I typically don't like Scripture memorization because I'm not good at it. But the past few days the Spirit has welled up a desire in me to memorize these verses! I am incredibly thankful for that! It's so beautiful to see the Spirit move in my life and friend's lives. God is good. So good.

On a heavier note, I am so utterly burdened for the lost in my life. I know plenty and what I have done? Passively sat in silence. Ridiculous foolishness. That is exactly how I have been acting. It's not okay that I sit by and watch them being ruled by their father, the devil. Kelley, my precious roommate, has introduced me to John Mark McMillan, and changed my life. I keep having this line to "Kiss Your Feet" stuck in my head... "I dreamed I'd bleed with Your praises just to make the world smell like Your grace again." I don't know why it's always in my mind, but I feel like I'm about to explode if I don't tell someone about the beautiful grace of Jesus Christ. Sadly, I don't let the strength and power of the Holy Spirit to provide the boldness and words that I lack. I try to so hard on my own and I'm still surprised when I fail.

Pray for me--that I would understand of the Spirit's power and that I would let go of trying to proclaim Jesus' name on my own strength. Pray for my team--that in the craziness of school we would find time to be with one another; that we would be unified as Father, Son, and Spirit are unified. Pray for Montana--that Father would destroy Satan's strongholds; for the salvation and redemption of the people of Montana; that Montana's heartbeat would be for the glory of our Father.

Never forget Haiti. God is doin' work and He won't stop.
Keep praying saints! There is so much power in prayer.

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."
-Romans 12:12


1 comment:

  1. I love that scripture Joanna. Sorry I'm just now getting to read this. I can't wait to hear about the amazing things you'll be doing. I miss you dearly.

    ReplyDelete