Saturday, May 29, 2010

Vulnerability

I realized something pretty big a few days ago.. well, God brought it to my attention. This summer I will have to learn how to be vulnerable. I am NOT okay with this. Vulnerability has only left me with scars that still burn. It has yet to prove it can be used for good, to build relationships. (Or maybe it has.. but I'm just too blind to realize it..)



Acceptance.. I am so fearful of not being accepted in Montana or with my team. This summer.. my best friends, who I know love me unconditionally, will be on two different continents. Yeah, you heard me right.. CONTINENTS. That's the reality I face right now. I can't simply call them up when I'm having a bad day.


My encouragement will come from the Lord and through His children He has placed around me. I must hold onto that. I must learn to trust Father in a different way.


This is going to be an interesting summer...


On a lighter note.. Here are a few pictures from last weekend's GoNow Orientation:



This is the sunset after the Commissioning Service on Saturday night.


Montana Team 2010! Me, Courtney, Daniel, Caleb


One of our tasks was to create a mascot for our tribe (we were Tribe 11) and dress someone up with newspaper.

So what do the 8 people who are going to Montana, Yellowstone, and Wyoming choose...

A Mighty Moose!!!!




I especially love the hooves.




Pray for our nerves. I don't know about Courtney, Daniel, and Caleb.. but I am nervous/anxious/scared all rolled into one big ball. Probably a lot of that has to do with what I talked about earlier.

Pray for Honduras. Or any country! Pick one at random or one that has a special nook in your heart and pray for the people today. Pray that the Lord's name would be known. Pray for salvation over the people. Pray that God would stir His children's hearts to move towards that country. Here's a handy site that I've come across via David Platt that gives a different country every day to pray for.. Operation World.



Well guys.. the next time I update.. I'll be in Montana. Whoop! (Unless there is massive turbulence and the plane crashes on a mysterious island with polar bears and smoke monsters. Yes, I've been wanting to reference LOST and no, I'm not okay that it's over.) 

Thanks for every ounce of encouragement y'all give me.

Love,
Joanna


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
-2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment