Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rest

I'm sitting in my living room on a big comfortable couch with papers from GoNow surrounding me--preparing for Orientation this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The days after finals have been restful. I didn't think the end of the semester and finals affected me other than the typical less sleep and more stress, but I have slept at least 10 hours every night since my last final/presentation.

Praise the Lord Jesus that by His grace I passed all of my classes this semester!

Sunday afternoon I drove home to Sunnyvale--probably one of the best drives from College Station to Dallas. So full of sunshine and great music! The days following have been spent outside, and can I just say that this is the perfect Texas Summer weather--not too hot and just enough of a wind.

Rocking back and forth in a hammock. Reading books for pure enjoyment. Journaling. Praying. Spending time with Father. Watching the sunshine and breeze intwine to make the shadows of tree leaves dance across the page. It could have been Eden.

Here are a few pictures of what I've been around..





















































Although the past few days have been serene... I'm becoming antsy. I want the Gospel to destroy my life. To utterly lose everything I have but yet gain all that I need through my Savior. I'm ready to stop playing games.

This coming August will mark the third year from when I first heard David Platt preach during College Week in Glorieta, NM. I remember the Spirit stirring my heart towards World Missions during his sermons. It took all within me to not fly to East Asia and help the Underground Church.

Many days since that week, Pastor Platt has been resurfacing in my life. He's written this book called Radical. And I'm scared to death to read it. God could seriously do some business behind the woodshed if I read this book. But deep in my soul I know it would be worth it.

We'll see how this adventure will go. 

I plan on getting the book today. I have a few other books that I need to finish for Orientation and training in Missoula. But this could very well be the book I read throughout the summer.


In other news.. I ask for prayer. This weekend all of the GoNowers need to have open hearts and I bet all of us feel unprepared and inadequate. 

Pray that the Lord would speak to us. 

Pray that we would be broken for the people He is sending us to. 

Pray for team unity as the teams will be meeting for the first time.

Pray that the lies of the devil will be unheard by our ears between now and the time that we head to our field.


Thank you all so very much. None of us could do this without your prayers and encouragement.


"Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgements and how inscrutable his ways! 'For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?' 'Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?' For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever. Amen."
-Romans 11:33-36

2 comments:

  1. MMM, I think I've been working on 10 a night since school ended also. What a wonderfully beautiful place to wait for the work you'll be doing! Way to feast your eyes on His beautiful creation. See you tomorrow, Joanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm listening to those podcasts... and they are messing me up. I want to read the book too, so I can underline as much as I want :] I'm praying for you guys! Love.

    ReplyDelete