Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Last Day

Today is officially my last day in Missoula, MT. At least for a while. Hopefully.

Since Sunday night we've been back at Convergence.. where this crazy summer all started.. for debriefing. Although I have loved seeing the other Montanan summer missionaries and hearing their stories, it's been a struggle..

1. For the OC gang, we're still in our city of ministry and we're still seeing people from OC. OC, I love y'all. I am going to miss y'all. Part of my heart will always be here.. but my goodbyes haven't been completed and they won't be until I walk onto that plane tomorrow. I suppose I feel like I need to be doing ministry instead of debriefing. I just feel funny (as David After The Dentist would say).

2. I need to be back in Sunnyvale, TX. It's time. I miss my family and I just want to hug them. The Texas heat will hopefully be comforting in a weird way. And as John Steinbeck said, "A Texan outside of Texas is a foreigner." So true.

3. It's hard for me to process things in a group conversation of 14. Honestly, my processing will happen in my sky blue room, blaring music, and talking out loud to Father. My processing will happen when I meet with LC at the Starbucks on Towneast to talk about our summers. It'll happen when I look through all of my pictures and videos with tears rolling down my eyes but a smile on my face.

Please don't misunderstand me. I know why debriefing is here. I recognize the importance. We need to talk about the good and the bad--to shed light on the summer. For those reasons, it is great and needed. But at the same time.. it's hard.

My heart will never be ready to leave and I fear some of the things that I have face back home, but I thank God for His peace. So far August has been a month of God drenching me with His peace. I don't want to leave, but God's peace surpasses that.. I know it's time to leave. Physical, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally I need the rest. But after that rest I want to be on the next flight headed to Missoula!

Well, Montana.. it's been beautiful. I will surely miss so many things about you--the mountains, the climate, the people. Know that you have a part of my heart. Our Creator has taught me so much being here for these 10 weeks. Thanks for the laughs, cries, challenges.. it was all worth it. Every. Single. Second.


"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."    -Philippians 4:4-7


The sunrise sitting on top of Squaw Peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment