Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Heart Is Exploding

That statement sums all that I'm feeling and thinking.

This past weekend, the interns were treated to a trip to Yellowstone by Mark and Sacha. John, David, Micah, and Sooie joined us as well. What a weekend for renewal and God to work in crazy ways that only He can!

I can wholeheartedly say that my heart has been completely captured by Montana, the people here and the creation that surrounds them.

The first day of adventuring Yellowstone.. hitting all the touristy places.. I was talking with Caleb. He admitted to me that he was slightly disappointed by Yellowstone's scenery so far (we drove in the west entrance)--that it merely looked like Missoula's. It was also hilarious to hear Daniel's reaction when we walked up to Old Faithful. He thought she'd be bigger and wouldn't believe that it was actually her! Haha. Anyways, as Caleb and I were walking around Mammoth Falls at the end of the second day, it was so awesome to hear how enthralled he had become with Yellowstone's bizarre beauty. That is exactly how I felt as well.

Yellowstone captivated me in ways that nothing else has. It was one of those moments where you feel alive. The mountains there.. I can't even describe them. How sulfur can take over land and change it.. it's weird!! I can't get over it. I just can't. Last weekend I finally understood how people can love and worship the creation without praising the Creator. I'm not going to lie.. I was having a hard time remembering to give credit to God as I was soaking in every bit of His glory, His personality displayed in those majestic mountains.

Oh, and I can't get over the fact that spent the weekend IN A MASSIVE VOLCANO!!! How INSANE is that?!?! If Yellowstone exploded.. half of the USA would be gone.

Crazy.
Weird.
Completely all God's creation.

To top off the craziness of some of the things we saw.. on the second day we decided to hike up to Grizzly Lake. We spent a few hours fly fishing and exploring the area. This lake is one of the many lakes and trails in Yellowstone. We saw maybe 15 people over the course of 4 hours but us GoNowers ran into a girl from our orientation--Alyssa, an Innovator working at Yellowstone. Oh my goodness.. it was CRAZY! We couldn't believe that we ran into her of all places in Yellowstone. I couldn't get her out of my mind for the rest of the day--God wouldn't let me forget her.


The mountains have my heart and I don't want to leave them. But more than the gorgeous scenery.. the Montanans have captured every crevice of my heart. Thinking of saying goodbye makes my heart break. My team and I are finally starting to understand OC and the people that we've met at it, and in three weeks we'll have to say our goodbyes. I can't be done here. I just can't be done.. not yet.

God has already taught me so much on what happens when I start to make my plans without involving Him, but I so badly want to already commit to being here the day after I graduate college. God willing.. I will be here. More than anything I want to share life with these beautiful people. More life than the little that I have.

Kelley reminded me yesterday to Go Hard or Go Home. I love Lecrae and I love her. Pray that in these precious few weeks my team and I can Go Hard. I hope that when we get on that plane and head to Denver that we will be empty because we poured all that we had on the people here.


Massive water fall


Overlooking a bunch of springs

Mountain overlooking Grizzly Lake
aka My favorite


Mammoth Falls


Grand Prismatic Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment